Monday, September 11, 2006

Asperger's and Wrongplanet.net

When Will was diagnosed, I was always trying to get information about what it felt like to have aspergers, what was going on inside the head of the children, teens, and adults who have this syndrome. It seemed like there was rarely information in books or magazines that could provide this insight.

Lately I've found that logging on to this website, www.wrongplanet.net, has been helpful in developing my understanding of aspergers and what it's like for the people who deal with this on a day-to-day basis. The site is described as follows:

Wrong Planet is a web community designed for individuals (and parents of those) with Asperger's Syndrome, Autism, ADHD, and other PDDs. We provide a forum, where members can communicate with each other, an article section, where members may read and submit essays or how-to guides about various subjects, and a chatroom for real-time communication with other Aspies.

I check this site every so often to see what people are dealing with. It helps me to have an idea of what may be in the future for my son, and it also helps me to not have a cavalier idea of what Asperger's is all about.

Kris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters